Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Utah Shakespearean Festival: Cedar City

My grandma took an unprecedented trip to Utah to visit with us girls (my family and my aunt Shirley)! We had a fantastic, memorable trip. We spent 2 days in Cedar City at the Shakespearean Festival. I love the pomp and energy surrounding festivals of all kinds (cultural, historical, achievement, hobby, etc); to me they celebrate life! The first production we say was Gilbert&Sullivan's H.M.S Pinafore (ironically not Shakespeare). I initially wasn't looking forward to seeing a cheery, cheesy production, as I imagined H.M.S. Pinafore to be, but, as is almost always the case with unfounded prejudices, I was proven wrong. It was excellent: the cast was phenominal, the music was excellent, & the storyline proved cute and coy. Shakespeare was kind enough to pose with us in this picture, just after we finished watching the production. I suppose he enjoyed it, too! Posted by Picasa

No comments: