Tuesday, November 11, 2008


a whole heck of a lot of things right now. At this minute I'm tired. Not overwhelmed or exhausted tired (tho I could benefit from more sleep) -- I am that kind of tired that comes as the dregs of immense happiness settle in. I'm a future published author. It is really happening. This fills me with immense happiness. I feel more purpose -- suddenly I am more than myself. My head is raised from the ground beneath my feet where my thoughts linger on *me*, my latest superficial fling, thoughts that have no basis...and suddenly I am more than what I am. I see long-term, and suddenly things up close become clear. Those things in my life that are fake and temporary, I see as such. And I no longer need them. I have purpose. I step up, determined to give voice to the noble women of the past, determined to learn from their fiery indignation, their desire for change and their belief in the empowered woman...who believed they could have it all...and they did. And so will I.
A University Press (which for now will remain unnamed) will be publishing the life writings of Ruth May Fox in 2009/2010. Thanks be to God.

5 comments:

Rheanna said...

I'm so excited for your book to be published. Congrats!!!!!!!!

Amanda said...

WOW!!! This is GREAT NEWS!! You are so amazing, and I have a great ammount of respect and love for you!! Congratulations!!

[Contemplative?] Angela said...

Britt, britt. I love you. My heartiest, happiest congratulations! Did I mention that I love you? you are the BEST! And that's the overwhelming feeling that washes over me as I read your post... :) I miss you! Can't wait for Thanksgiving! Hopefully someone will be coming with me... I am asking him tonight... :)

Janae @ Bring-Joy said...

Who is Ruth Fox? When can you come to my house and visit me? I only live in Provo, for pete's sake. I would love to catch up! Please come for dinner some Sunday. Sunday next? The 23rd? Please email me or call.

Love to talk with you soon.

Saxon said...

congratulations on getting your book published