Monday, March 17, 2008

Germany 6-11 February 2008



Oh Germany, oh bliss. I stayed with the incredible Jen, Andy, and Davin during my visit to Baden-Wurrtenburg, Germany. I was lucky enough to meet Jen in 2005, as we taught English together in Taiwan. I have enjoyed our friendship ever since. Her husband works at the University of Stuttgart, which is why they live in Germany! They are so wonderful and were so good to me! We enjoyed superb weather as we travelled, especially as it was February! Mild and sunny. These pictures are in Calw, relatively near Stuttgart. It was the home of Herman Hesse. He described it as "the most beautiful place he knew" (or something like that).
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

joseph said...

These are beautiful pictures. You must be thoroughly enjoying your time there. I love Europe.

Possible we saw each other frequently in passing at BYU. I was a Russian major at BYU (so, same building as humanities), and I minored in music (so maybe I saw you in the HFAC. Concert choir?). My sister Rebecca worked at Thai Ruby in Provo for several years. I'm sure it was her you met while dining there. And if you were in Women's Chorus or something, you might have recognized her from that. I don't have a connection with Southern Cal and I don't remember you from my mission in Russia. But maybe you taught at the MTC? I don't know.

I hope you know you are immortalized on the 3rd floor hallway at Berhan. Well, immortalized as long as pictures last. I think they take pics of all the groups. I can't wait.

Cristi said...

A-MAZING! You are just quite the world traveler! That first picture looks almost surreal! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Chris said...

How fun! I love your life! Say hi to jen for me!

joseph said...

You figured it out. congrats! Becky and I took Seretta's basic conducting class together several years ago. Looks like we were all in the same class. You have a good memory. I'm glad we finally made that connection.