Wednesday, June 17, 2009

By Popular Demand...DETAILS! :)

Thank you all for taking such an active interest in the good things going on around here! I suppose it is best to satiate your curious minds. :) Oh it is a long story! This is Kyle and I at the SLC Greek Festival in early September 2008. Kyle and I met on a blind date in November 2003 at BYU. I, however, was not his date--I was his roommate's date. I dated his roommate for a time and got to know Kyle a bit through this relationship (double dates, etc). I was always impressed by Kyle and his cheerful disposition, kindness, and keeness for travel. Time passed, ways parted, and Kyle stayed in the back of my mind as a seriously cool chap. Four years later, in January 2008 to be exact, I was sitting at my computer wondering just what happened to this Kyle I was so impressed by. I decided to get brave and see if he was on facebook. :) He was! And what to my SHOCK but he was living in Salt Lake City and was still single! I was planning to move to Salt Lake in two months time and hoped that somehow our paths would cross again. After living in Salt Lake about a week (this was April 2008), I was having dinner with one of my best friends (Salt Lake is the most beautiful mecca to reunite with old friends!). We were talking about people and friends and Kyle's name came up--we both knew him! In fact, it had not been long since she had hung out with him. That totally blew me away. We decided to plan a group activity with our mutual friends. In late April 2008 we "reunited" at a concert at the Cathedral Madeleine. I so hoped he would ask me out thereafter, but alas, patience had to be learned. The summer was sprinkled with additional mutual-friend outings, which were always fun. But alas, patience. In the interim, Kyle had gotten a job in the Church Office Building where I also worked! I remember leaving the cafeteria one day and seeing Kyle sitting at a table and I thought, "No way...could it be??..." (this was mid-October 2008). It was him! Sooo, we would eat lunch intermittently together, which was always lovely. But alas, patience still! The hope to get to know Kyle was always there, but I decided there was no point in waiting around--I had a life to live! So I did! I had an incredible time dating manically--I think my record was eight dates in one week? The men just came out of nowhere! It was a heck of a lot of fun! But, as FUN as it was dating all these guys, Kyle always stood out as different from the rest, in my mind. But alas, I continued dating manically. In late February 2009, things miraculously changed. Overnight! And I stopped dating manically. It has been one gigantic miracle! We've been dating about 3.5 months and it's been such fun to discover and enjoy each other! And that's our story thus far! Pretty cool, eh? Love ya'll. :)

9 comments:

Rheanna said...

LOVE IT! That's the best story ever!

Annette Larsen said...

Aw, I love a happy ending!

Amanda said...

Ahhh... it's like a fairy tale... can't wait to hear how it ends... ;)

You two are lovely together!

Anonymous said...

the way you tell this story you make us believe that you guys are engaged...

Cristi said...

FANTASTIC story!!

My husband and I also met on a date. I was on a date with Jeff's roommate! So ... good things come to those who ... date ... roommates ... :) AND to those who WAIT ... which is what you did SO patiently!

I'm just absolutely in love with your cuteness and your candidness!

Watch out! 3 months of dating is all it took for Jeff and I to become engaged!

Woo hoo!!

Anners said...

About ruddy time!!! I'd been wondering if those SLC boys were blind AND stupid...glad to see that at least one of them (and a great one by the looks of it!) is not. I'm dancing with your happiness!

cheers,

lee

Janae @ Bring-Joy said...

Brittany!

So excited for you. When are you going to visit me in Provo????

Bring the man-child with you for dinner sometime, eh??

Anonymous said...

Brittany,

That is so exciting, I love this story! :)

Congrats also on getting hired on for the Church!

Emily R.

P.S. You'll have to share your secret for having EIGHT dates in one week. Pretty much, you're a rock star. :)

docdane said...

Hi Brittany:
Such a sweet story. I love the way you express yourself. I'm sure you will have a happy ending.

Love,
dmc