Saturday, January 13, 2007

Blessed With a Sari and Far From Sorry!

One of my dearest friends is Pushpa, a beautiful Indian who, like me, is in England to study. Pushpa lives with her amazing sister's little family who live permanently in England. Earlier this week, Pushpa invited me to her home, where I got to 'spend a night in India'! Hindu's believe that when guests come to their home (be they friend or enemy), they should be treated like God. Need I say what incredible hospitality I received? It was beautiful! For fun,Priti and Pushba got out their collection of traditional saris so that we could try them on. What to my absolute shock and delight, they generously gave me one! I still can scarcely believe it. The exquisite beadwork on the bodice is all handstitched. Ahh...I am converted to India. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brittany! You are a vision! What an incredible gift... and what an incredible friendship you must have. I am glad you are far from friendless (and far from sorry! hehe. I appreciated the rhyme) in a rather unfamiliar place -although I am sure you're quite used to it by now. You are a beautiful person, inside and out!
Thanks for everything, Sari Sis.

Anonymous said...

Hi Brittany, saw your blog about the saris and would like to say that the outfits look beautiful. I'm half Indian and if I may be so bold, the outfit you are wearing is actually a "lengha" and the one your friend is wearing is the sari.
Just a bit on info.