Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Though all was absolutely lovely previous, the emotive highlight for my Christmas Eve was Midnight Mass at St. Martin-in-the-Fields at Trafalgar Square. Attending Midnight Mass was always something I wanted to do and it was the perfect Christmas Eve to do it. Wow. What can I say? It was all so meaningful to me. I observed the service with the curiousity of one observing ancient mythic ritual, but experienced a thoroughly living, enriching spiritual experience. The mode of religious expression and language used in mass lended new articulation to the sacred Christmas events; new words gave new dimension and meaning to old, familiar ideas. The music and acoustics were incredible. I loved all of the singing we got to do as the congregation...I don't think I have ever sang so many Christmas carols in one day! Posted by Picasa

No comments: